Sunday, April 15, 2012

HAWMC -Day 14 My Dream Day


 HAWMC Day 14: My Dream Day
 Describe your ideal day. How would you spend your time? Who would you spend it with? Have you had this day? If not – how could you make it happen? 


The weather is starting to improve around here at long last and lately my dreams are centered around getting out to our summer cottage on our tiny north-woods island.

 My outpatient hospital therapy sent me to sessions of Mindful Meditation Trainings. Occasionally we were asked to picture someplace where we felt at peace and happy and the same image always came to my mind-- the screened porch of our cottage..... so that is the home base for my perfect day.

I love basking in the sunlight and the lake is just outside the window.
My day would begin with waking up slowly to the song birds chirping. (My dream day would include some improved indoor plumbing because things are pretty darn primitive at my cottage)  Next, how about some coffee with husband Bob while we sit on adarondac chairs just outside the back door?

I would go climbing around in the bush and rocks to find sweet wild raspberries and Saskatoon berries, sampling as I go. Some of my kids or grandkids would wake up to the smell of my waffles cooking  and join us on my porch for a breakfast of the waffes, fresh berries and  some maple syrup. Yummmmmy!

Maybe we will do some crafts or perhaps work in the yard. I might read a book or I might go take some pictures. Mid-afternoon we could go for a power boat ride to get some ice-cream with the grandchildren or maybe I will hop into the canoe and paddle to the other side of the island to look for the baby ducks.

A BBQ dinner and then we would sit on the dock afterward. I would not even wish away the mosqitoes because I love the dragonflies and birds and bats that are feeding on them.

It gets darker and we can see the milky way across the sky and, if it is one of those magical nights, we might even lie on the dock wrapped in blankets and watch the northern lights dancing above us. My son might take his little preschoolers down to the water edge with a pail of water and a net and a flashlight to catch some crayfish for the kids to look at,  just like I used to take him not so long ago.

We would cuddle down in our bed and fall asleep to the sound  of waves lapping gently on the shore.

I really do have a lot of summer days that are very much like this, but the climbing is now limited, naps are needed and someone else needs to help me somehow get into that canoe and paddle it. I am fortunate that I have people who care about me enough to make this all still possible. I keep working on doing more on my own and I keep getting stronger. 

I am working on getting that  plumbing improved too.

I look so happy, but poor Bob is paddling his heart out to make up for me dragging my paddle. 
 



1 comment:

Humpty Dumpty said...

Sounds like it would be a wonderful day. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...