Wednesday, April 4, 2012

HAWMC- Day 5 Ekphrasis Post

Ekphrasis Post. 
Go to flickr.com/explore and write a post inspired by the image. Can you link it to your health focus? Don’t forget to post the image!

 One of my biggest problems is difficulty with balance and vertigo. I have abnormal sensation in my left leg, and my brain does not get proper position information from my left inner ear so I frequently feel like I am tilting sideways. I spend my days being dizzy and somewhat nauseated and I tend to fall and hurt myself.

Stairs to the vault by polanri
Stairs to the vault, a photo by polanri on Flickr.
The staircase is littered with decaying leaves and garbage, and your foot will not feel the solid surface of the step as you lower your foot.
The bricks beside you are crumbing and you can not be sure it will hold if you grab toward the wall in an attempt to steady yourself. 
The dank, moldy walls close in and swirl around you. The descent is out of the light and into the darkness.. it becomes murky and you cannot see around the corner to what awaits you below.
The future is uncertain,
but you have no real choice
except to
keep
going.

 ** Postscript-- My thoughts on a different day.

I opened an email today and I saw the quote below.  I am having a better day, and today this is what I  think about the photo.

"Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t
see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

1 comment:

Humpty Dumpty said...

I like the Martin Luther King quote, although I can see the fear in your previous words. Having mobility problems and/or vertigo, those stairs would definitely present a challenge.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...