Saturday, May 24, 2014

The Final Week of College

The end is in sight.

Painting by Edmond W. Greacen - Ethol with Roses
My course in therapeutic recreation is going to be over after 5 more work days.  In many ways it feels like we just got started and now it is over already. This has been such an exhausting  and difficult experience and in many ways it has been  positive and life affirming.

In a somewhat overwhelmed moment I told my husband I wasn't sure this has been worth it and that I might never actually get a job.

He said he knows it was worth it. My confidence and attitude is so much better.  My interest in learning is  back. My stamina and energy level really has increased since I have been pushing myself to the limit day after day. Physically I still have a lot of issues and I have more than a few emotional scars from the trauma of the past 6 years but I feel very different about myself right now. I feel a sense of value and direction in my life once again.

I don't know what will happen next.
Maybe I will get a job soon.
Maybe I need to get even more training somewhere.
Maybe I should go on a trip.

I think I might just  relax and take some time to smell the roses!



4 comments:

Humpty Dumpty said...

You definitely need to take some time to relax after the last grueling few months. Then, if the spirit moves you, you can start looking for part time work or take another class or neither of the above. Whatever you decide, know that you have friends and family to support you and want whatever YOU think is best for YOU! :)

Grace Carpenter said...

I am so impressed.

I started volunteering about 1 hour a week in April, and I'm always exhausted afterwards! But I also have been feeling that I'm interested in learning--new things-- again.

Rebecca Dutton said...

A sense of purpose is priceless. Congratulations on achieving a major goal.

Barb Polan said...

Yes, what you've done is very impressive - it exhibited your persistence, dedication, and commitment to moving forward. Bravo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...