Saturday, April 18, 2015

What should I do with this blog?

 
 
Health Tagline
Give yourself, or your patient experience a tagline. 
 Grab attention with your slogan.  Make sure it’s catchy! #HAWMC
 
 
 I wrote on this topic once before for the HAWMC challenge and I still think the ones I came up with  are pretty good lines.
 
 I thought back then that this would be a good tag line for my blog in general.
Leading a Healthy Life:
Moving Toward Wellness in our Community
 I thought that this one would be good line for my personal health concerns.
Stroke and Brain Injury:
Working on Recovery with Determination and Dignity
 
Those tag lines really do reflect the directions I have taken over the past couple of years. I really am concerned with what our communities have to offer people who live with health and wellness challenges and I truly believe that people need to reach out for help and work with determination to meet their own needs and the needs of their loved ones as well as others in their community.
 
 
What would be a good line for my new career?
 
Recreation Therapy is defined by the American Therapeutic Recreation Association as:
"Recreational Therapy” means a treatment service designed to restore, remediate and rehabilitate a person’s level of functioning and independence in life activities, to promote health and wellness as well as reduce or eliminate the activity limitations and restrictions to participation in life situations caused by an illness or disabling condition
 
 Recreation Therapy as a profession tries to facilitate individuals in reaching the best quality of life possible and we look at that in terms of the physical, cognitive, emotional, social, and  spiritual aspects of life.
 
I have been debating the options of sharing some of my recreation program information on this blog or the possibility of opening another blog dedicated to sharing ideas related to Therapeutic Recreation. I would be interested in hearing your opinions.  My personal focus has most certainly broadened from stroke and my personal health issues. My work has me talking and working with people with many different health concerns and I have learned a lot of new information.
 
What should I do with this blog now?
 
Maybe a good tagline for a new recreation blog would be:
 Recreation Therapy:  Discovering New Ways to Lead a Healthy Life
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Linda, I think you should keep writing about rehabilitation. You're informing people of what's available and the fact that you go through it yourself makes you creditable. Just my 2 cents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...